Friday, March 14, 2008

Why Lie?

After reading this article, I became disgusted. Over %50 percent of applicants have lied in one form or another. Granted that most of the lies are small and sometimes insignificant, this number was alarming to me. I feel like lying on your resume and getting caught could be devastating to the rest of your career or lack there of. You might be able to get away with it but then it could really hurt you down the road once you have been promoted several times and are regarded very highly within the company. I know that my resume is consistent and truthful and it was not that hard. I obviously could have embellished it in certain areas, but why do so? It could only hurt me in the long run. I hope that people seriously consider the downfall of lying before the next time they turn in a resume. It could damage any hope of a career or the one they currently have. 

No comments: